Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012

I'm pretty bad at keeping New Year's Resolutions. I think part of the problem is that most of them are more wishes than resolutions. If I go back and read my business resolutions I'm embarrassingly bad at keeping them. So I believe in "to do" lists more than resolutions. Resolutions tend to be too big.

For my personal life I have vowed to do the following (and it's ok if I don't do it pefectly or every single day).
1- Lose 20 lbs. Since having a baby 4 months ago I need to trim down. I first lost all the weight, then put on 10 lbs. because I no longer had gestational diabetes and went a little crazy eating everything I wanted. I can't blame it on the baby this time! I'm on a "plan" not a "diet" and so far I really like it because my moods are more even. Carbs weigh me down. The plan has a cheat day so it's doable. I'm full unless I wait too long between meals. Wendy's chili and Subway's salads have saved me a few times already. I'm starting week 2 and have lost 2 lbs so far that I regained on cheat day (my brother says it will come back off soon). 

2- Read scriptures more. I get so bored reading the same thing over & over. Plus I can barely read my book club books all the way through. I'm not spiritual enough to focus enough to have a great experience very often, so it's tough to keep going. So I'm reading the illustrated Book of Mormon with my son because he has to read 15 mins. a night for school. I also listen to talks and scripture on the Mormon Channel on my phone. Not every day on either but a big improvement.

I had more resolutions but I can't remember them now. That shows you how committed I was. In the end it's about what you actually want. If you truly want or need something you will focus on it, regardless of the time of year. I'm ready most of all to lose weight and this is the year. 

No comments: